Internship at the Embassy
Internship Opportunities at the Embassy of Belgium in Washington, D.C.
The Embassy of Belgium in Washington, D.C. regularly offers internships. Trainee(s) work with the team of the Embassy and get a unique opportunity to gain experience in an international environment. The internships are unpaid and the trainee must cover the expenses related to insurance, travel and accommodation.
- The duration of the internship is 3 months
- The Embassy does not offer internships during the month of August.
To qualify for an internship the candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Belgian Nationality
- following higher education (College or Bachelor / Master), or having followed, at a recognized educational institution
- have a thorough knowledge of Dutch, French and English
- an impeccable appearance, discretion, enthusiasm and motivation
- no criminal record
Tasks of the trainee
You will be involved in the daily operation of the Embassy.
For the political and economic department the tasks will consist of the monitoring and analysis of administrative, political and economic files including research, representation and synthesis tasks.
For the Consular department the tasks involve mainly administrative and logistical tasks.
The deadline for submission of the file:
- March 31st for internships during fall (starting September or October)
- July 31st for internships during winter (starting in period January - March)
- October 31st for internships during the spring (starting in April or May)
The full application must consist of the following documents:
- a curriculum vitae
- a cover letter with motivation and preferred internship period
- a letter of recommendation signed by a member of the academic staff
This can be send by e-mail to Washington@diplobel.fed.be to the attention of Myriam Ramaekers.
A competitive selection process will include an interview where the candidate will be tested on motivation, language skills, education and presentation.