Embassy and Consulates of Belgium in the United States

Income taxes

This information also available in Dutch or French.

If you are looking for information related to taxes, please contact a specialized accountant or a lawyer. Neither the Belgian Embassy nor the Consulates General are competent in this matter.

> > > Have you been contacted by the Belgian TAX AUTHORITIES? < < <

  • If you live in the USA and have been contacted by Belgian tax authorities in relation to income received in Belgium in the previous year (for example, a salary, pension, rent, dividends, etc.), then you have to submit a 'non-resident income tax return' before the deadline mentioned on the form.
  • For all your questions, please consult the website of the Belgian Ministry of Finance available in Dutch, French and English.