If you are looking for information related to taxes, please contact a specialized accountant or a lawyer. Neither the Belgian Embassy nor the Consulates General are competent in this matter.
- The tax treaty between the USA and Belgium is available in English.
- The website of the Internal Revenue Service is interesting for Belgians living and working in the USA.
- The website of the Belgian Ministry of Finance offers useful information.
> > > Have you been contacted by the Belgian TAX AUTHORITIES? < < <
- If you live in the USA and have been contacted by Belgian tax authorities in relation to income that they have collected in Belgium in 2019: for example, a salary, pension, rent, dividends, etc.
- You have to submit a 'non-resident income tax return' for the assessment year 2020 (income 2019) at the latest on January 15th, 2021.
- For all your questions, please consult the website of the Belgian Ministry of Finance available in Dutch, French and English.