Extract of the criminal record

Information on the extract of the criminal record.

  1. Last updated on

a) If you live abroad and wish to obtain a Belgian copy of a criminal record ("extrait de casier judiciaire" / "uittreksel uit het strafregister"), you need to send a personal and written request by post or fax to: 

Federal Public Service Justice  
Service du Casier judiciaire central  
Boulevard de waterloo 80  
1000 Brussels - Belgium  
by email via strafregister@just.fgov.be or CasierJudiciaire@just.fgov.be 

+32 (0)2.552.27.47 (information in French)  
+32 (0)2.552.27.48 (information in Dutch) 

Fax: +32 (0)2.552.27.82 

You must sign the request and include your surname, first name(s), date and place of birth, address and the reason for the request. It is preferable, but not mandatory, to attach a copy of your identity card or passport. FPS Justice will supply a copy of the record free of charge. 

b) If you wish to obtain a copy of a criminal record for a period of time during which you lived abroad, you need to contact directly the authorities of the country where you lived. 

Some authorities might charge a fee for issuing that document.