The Consulate of Belgium in Los Angeles is hiring:
A Consular Affairs Officer
Who we are:
The Consulate of Belgium in Los Angeles represents Belgium in 13 states and 3 territories on the West of the U.S and consists of a staff of 7 people.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a flexible and dynamic person who speaks English, Dutch and French, with excellent administrative and communicational skills.
Knowledge of Office and email tools are a must, as well are discretion and the ability to work in a team.
- Provide administrative assistance in the different consular fields and mainly in the visa section to process the visa requests from start to finish.
- Administrative responsibilities such as processing emails, answering phone calls, and filing.
- Provide assistance to Belgian citizens and colleagues on ad hoc basis.
- Social media strategy
You can work independently, take initiative, be accurate and be organizational.
Candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Have a bachelor degree
- Have an excellent knowledge of English and at least two of the Belgian languages (French/ Dutch)
- Have a permanent residency and work permit (Green card holder or American citizenship)
What we can offer
- A rewarding international professional environment with short communication channels
- A large degree of autonomy
- A competitive salary, 24 days of paid holiday leave in addition to 14 official holidays and health insurance (85% employer’s contribution);
- A one-year contract, that may be extended into a permanent contract and a long term stable job perspective
Candidates should send their applications (cv and motivation letter) in English, Dutch or French to email@example.com (in title put your name + application consular assistant 2022)
Closing date for the submission of applications is October 10, 2021.
A preselection of candidates who best meet the criteria for the post will be made on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivation letter.
Preselected candidates will be invited for an interview.