Visa pour la Belgique

  1. Dernière mise à jour le

An Airport Transit Visa is valid for travel through the international zone of the airport, with a next destination outside the Schengen area. It does not allow you to enter Belgian territory.

If you have to leave the international airport transit zone (for changing terminal or to recheck luggage) or when making a transit through more than one airport in the Schengen area, you have apply for a regular Schengen visa. 

The following categories do not require an airport transit visa: 

  • American citizens;
  • Holders of a valid US Permanent Resident Card;
  • Holders of a valid US visa, traveling to or from the USA; 
  • Holders of a residence permit issued by the United States that guarantees unrestricted right of return;
  • Holders of a diplomatic passport; 
  • Spouses and children of EU citizens. 

The list of nationalities who require an A-visa can be found on the website of the European Commission

You can find additional information on the Immigration Office website.

To apply for an Airport Transit visa, click here.